BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice (online courses & certification)
Boost your business analyst career
If you have already earned your foundation level certificate, or are currently working in a business analysis role, the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice will help you take your career to the next level.
Pay by card, PayPal, bank transfer or invoice.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
£5 from your booking goes to charity!
Pay by instalments?
0% interest loan available.
Call us on +44 (0)207 148 5985 to discuss
Special discount available on this online course. Offer ends Wednesday!
Flash offer! Use code BCS75 to get an additional £75 off. 4 uses left. Grab one before someone else does!
(Excl. 20% VAT)
- Accredited BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice online training (12 months’ access);
- Sample BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice examination;
- Voucher for BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice online examination;
- Full support from a business analysis subject expert;
- Immediate access after purchase;
- High quality interactive CBT materials;
- Extensive business analysis glossary.
This course at a glance
- Format: Online
- Access: 12 months
- Device: Desktop, tablet, mobile
- OS: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Duration: 10 hours
- Certificate: BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- Pre-requisite: None
- Exam: Included, taken online
- Accredited: Yes
- Course code: BAFo
BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice online courses & examination.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice online course will help you attain one of four modules required to gain the International Diploma in Business Analysis.
No browser plugins or installation files required. This course is compatible with all devices and browsers.
Upon completion of this course, you will have learned an understanding of Business Analysis Practice principles in the following areas:
- The role of a Business Analyst (BA), the value of the role to organisations and the skills required of a BA to support successful business change.
- The processes and techniques of strategy analysis.
- Investigation of an organisation’s business systems in order to uncover the problems and issues occurring within them.
- The importance of, and techniques used within, stakeholder management and the need for analysing perspectives.
- Conceptual modelling through use of business activity models.
- Recommendations for business improvements and how they may be identified through gap analysis between desired and current business models.
- The role of a business case within the business change lifecycle, including the contents of a business case for the development and implementation of business changes.
Designed for long lasting learning
Like all our online courses at Knowledge Train, the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice course has been designed using the best practices in e-learning.
Our course is highly interactive with classes designed to help give you a deeper level of understanding through faster, intuitive and practical lessons. Our unique brand of interactive e-learning will help you gain an understanding of business analysis so you can sit your examination with confidence!
The course is fully compatible with all devices and operating systems, including: Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice syllabus consists of 7 modules divided into 34 lessons which you can complete in your own time. Upon completion of all course content, you can use the exam simulators to prepare for your online examination.
The modules included are:
- Rationale for business analysis
- Understanding the strategic context
- Understanding the current situation
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Analysing and modelling business activities
- Identifying potential solutions
- Building the business case
This course comes complete with pop-quizzes and practice exams to aid knowledge retention and ensure you will be well-equipped to pass the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice examination.
The average time required to complete this course is 10 hours. Your access to this training will last 12 months so you can take as much time as you need.
You can choose to complete your examination either online or at our London centre.
You can sit your BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice exam whenever best suits you. You just need to book at least 7 days in advance.
Email us to book your preferred examination time.
- Pre-requisites: none;
- Format: multiple choice;
- Time: 60 minutes;
- Open book: no;
- Pass mark: 26/40.
Why study online with Knowledge Train?
Our courses are ideal if you are already employed or have a busy schedule. Studying online with Knowledge Train has these benefits:
Learn from home – Our online courses don’t require travel, saving you time and money on transport.
Industry-leading prices – Knowledge Train offers competitive prices for all our courses and won’t charge you extra to sit your examination.
Flexible learning – You can study wherever and whenever you have internet access!
Flexible delivery – You can study on any device, be it on your mobile or home computer.
There are 5 levels of business analysis certification offered by BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT):
- Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis – An entry-level certificate with no pre-requisites. Suitable for aspiring business analysts. This is the first step to acquiring a professional business analysis qualification in the UK.
- Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis – When you complete four modules of this certificate you will be eligible to obtain an International Diploma in Business Analysis.
- Professional Certificate in Business Analysis – Suitable for practicing business analysts wishing to demonstrate their skills.
- Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis – Suitable for business analysts at the top of their career wishing to demonstrate advanced knowledge.
- Expert Business Analysis Award – Suitable for senior business analysts who want recognition of their expertise.
Take this course if you:
- Wish to work as a business analyst; or,
- Want to gain understanding of key business analysis techniques; or,
- Want to gain a professional business analysis qualification to boost your career.
As an individual, the main benefits of gaining professional business analysis certification are:
- Be one of the first in the UK to gain BCS BA certification giving you access to new and lucrative job opportunities;
- Increase your understanding of the many, varied business analysis techniques;
- Be more confident when working as a business analyst;
- Earn recognition within your organisation as a knowledgeable and effective business analyst.
Business analysts perform a vital role in helping organizations achieve business goals by proposing changes which improve business processes.
Challenging but rewarding
The role of business analyst can be challenging and demanding. Business analysts must be great problem-solvers with an analytical mind and strong communication skills. However, the role often comes with great job satisfaction, and business analysts enjoy the fact that their work is always meaningful and impactful.
The average annual salary for business analysts is £32,00 to £40,000 with pay often in excess of £50,000.
Are there any prerequisites for the course?
No. The course and exam have no prerequisites.
Can I request extra time on the exam?
Candidates who are not native English speakers are entitled to 25% extra time and are permitted the use of a dictionary.
Are there any example exam questions?
Yes. As part of your online training you will be given access to one full practice exam paper.
Do you offer discounts for group bookings?
Yes. Please contact us to discuss your requirements with our customer service staff.
Are your online courses refundable?
Yes. Online course bookings can be cancelled within 7 days of purchase provided you have not completed any modules of the course.
Please see our full terms and conditions for more details.
How long does my booking confirmation take?
If you book and pay online, you will receive instant access to your online course. Once payment has been received we will email your login details for your course.
Bookings placed before 5pm are processed same day. All bookings placed outside business hours will be processed the following morning.
Are there any additional costs?